Sunday, July 13, 2008

San Antonio Day 2




























































































































San Antonio Day 2:
We started day two at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. My mom is a lover of plants and gardening so visiting some type of garden is a must for every trip. The first picture is of the Zen Garden. It was so incredibly peaceful I could have stayed there all day. After we toured the gardens we ventured down two Texas native trails- 1) East Texas Pineywoods and 2) Hill Country. The trails represent different regions of Texas. On the first trail we saw this replica of a log cabin. After lunch we toured two missions. Pictures three and four were taken at Mission San Jose. Picture five was taken at Mission Concepcion. The sky was such a brilliant shade of blue I took 30-40 pictures of each mission. After our mission tours we headed to Rosario's for dinner. A friend of my mom's recommended this restaurant and it did not disappoint. After dinner we decided to check out the shops and art galleries in La Villita. Little did we know everything was closed so we didn't get to see much. On our way back to the hotel I took a picture of The Torch of Friendship sculpture; a symbol of the close relationship between Mexico and the United States.

*Unfortunately I was not able to download pictures on my trip so I am doing all of my PODs from the trip today. This post is for July 11th.

No comments: