Tuesday, July 12, 2011

American Cancer Society Relay For Life: Part Two





























































Picture #1: The IMT booth at the Relay for Life walk.
Picture #2: There was all sorts of entertainment throughout the 24-hour event including these talented dancers.
Picture #3: Lots of companies set up booths to raise money. I particularly liked this lemonade stand.
Picture #4: A few years ago I met Adriana through the HR classes I took through UCSB. I haven't seen her in 2 1/2 years and on an unexpected and incredibly sad note, Adriana let me know her husband Nate passed away in March. He passed away after a 10 month battle with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Adriana, her family and friends made up the "La Familia" team. They were the highest fundraisers for the Goleta walk and they raised over $7000 for the American Cancer Society. I was so sad to hear this news but what a wonderful way to honor her husband's life and memory.

No comments: