Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gruene










































































































San Antonio Day 3:
For our last full day in Texas we decided to take a road trip and we ended up in Gruene, a small historic town about 30 miles northeast of San Antonio. I wish I could say we loved Gruene. I can't, but I can say we were surprised at how small it really is and how little there is to do in Gruene. Unless you are going there to raft down the Guadalupe River or to shop for antiques there really is not a whole lot going on in Gruene. Regardless I managed to take several pictures during our stop. After Gruene we stopped at Naegelin's Bakery in New Braunfels. A friend of my mom's suggested we stop in and treat ourselves to pastries which we happily did. Since we had the whole afternoon with no plans my mom suggested we tour the Texas Rangers museum and tour the Spanish Governor's palace. We did both and are glad we did as this two activities took us off the beaten path and we got to see parts of San Antonio we would not otherwise have seen. After a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant we headed back to the hotel. The last picture is in our hotel lobby and is the one and only picture of my mom and me during our trip.

*Unfortunately I was not able to download pictures on my trip so I am doing all of my PODs from the trip today. This post is for July 12th.

No comments: